* [dpdk-users] Length of the Packet
@ 2016-12-20 11:35 Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel
From: Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel @ 2016-12-20 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,

I am sending a packet of length 2048 bytes. At the receiver side I see that I get 1928 Bytes of Data Length which is 128 Bytes lesser and 2048 as packet length. So i just want to know why is the difference between packet length and data length.

Thanking You,
Param.

* Re: [dpdk-users] Length of the Packet
@ 2016-12-20 13:59 ` SAKTHIVEL ANAND S
From: SAKTHIVEL ANAND S @ 2016-12-20 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel; +Cc: users

DPDK will store jumbo frames into multi mbufs.

Data len = packet_data_size in a single mbuf,
mean while, packet len = datalen1+datalen2+datalen3+...+datalenN

please check DPDK programmer documentation, about the chapter : mbuf library

--
Thanks
Sakthivel S OM