* [dpdk-users] Issue with error EAL: Error reading from file descriptor 21: Input/output error
@ 2016-05-06  7:58 Upendra Pathrikar
From: Upendra Pathrikar @ 2016-05-06  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I am using machine with

on board NIC - pci-e connection - Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection
I217-LM (rev 04) -e1000e kernel deriver
add on card - pci conncetion - Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 02) -e1000 kernel driver

whenever i bind only I217-LM with igb_uio, testpmd($ sudo ./testpmd -c 0xff
-n 4 -- -i) runs well without any error and pmd identify port and
everything.

but whenever i bind 82540EM with igb_uio, testpmd($ sudo ./testpmd -c 0xff
-n 4 -- -i) runs with error "EAL: Error reading from file descriptor 21:
Input/output error" though it runs and identify port etc. But continues
"EAL: Error reading from file descriptor 21: Input/output error" is printed
on screen.

So is this error specfic to nic or driver e1000 or pci connection ?

I am unable to identify. If i add one more card of Intel Corporation
82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02) -e1000 kernel driver with pci
connection, now it gives two errors "EAL: Error reading from file
descriptor 21: Input/output error" and "EAL: Error reading from file
descriptor 23: Input/output error" one after another in continues stream

I tried for dpdk-2.0.0, dpdk-2.2.0 and dpdk-16.04

What is exact problem behind error and how can we resolve this.

--

*Regards,Upendra Sunil PathrikarBharti School of Telecom Technology and
Management,Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.*

* Re: [dpdk-users] Issue with error EAL: Error reading from file descriptor 21: Input/output error
@ 2016-05-06  8:25 ` SAKTHIVEL ANAND S
From: SAKTHIVEL ANAND S @ 2016-05-06  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Upendra Pathrikar; +Cc: users

Looks like , this is known issue..

Please check this part "6.6. Not all variants of supported NIC types have
been used in testing"
<http://dpdk.org/doc/guides-1.8/rel_notes/known_issues.html>

Thanks
Sakthivel S