* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen run.py error: NameError: name 'false' is not defined
       [not found] <CALPy68MSyyprzOcmOZM9OKMCKDOMveMSO7z5yPyj3aiBOwC=+w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-07-25  0:21 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2018-07-25  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uditha Bandara; +Cc: users

> On Jul 24, 2018, at 6:25 PM, Uditha Bandara <ubndra@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Pktgen on a system running Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
> I followed the steps given in:

Which version of Pktgen are you using, seems like the latest version.

> http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html
>
> When I executed "./tools/run.py -s default" I am getting the following
> error.
>
> uditha@udithapc ~/sandbox/pktgen/pktgen-dpdk $ ./tools/run.py -s default
> 'x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./tools/run.py", line 361, in <module>
>    main()
>  File "./tools/run.py", line 358, in main
>    setup_cfg(cfg_file)
>  File "./tools/run.py", line 219, in setup_cfg
>    cfg = load_cfg(cfg_file)
>  File "./tools/run.py", line 119, in load_cfg
>    cfg = imp.load_source('cfg', '', f)
>  File "", line 1, in <module>

I normally only run pktgen on Ubuntu systems and currently 18.04, which makes me believe it could the version of python you are running.

I am running python 2.7.15.

On my machine the same command works and false is nowhere in the code, must be a Python variable type.

Do you have your RTE_SDK and RTE_TARGET environment variables set?

> NameError: name 'false' is not defined
>
> I have tried cleaning up the files and a re-install but getting the same
> error. Does any of the config files needed to be edited before this step?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Uditha

Regards,
Keith

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen run.py error: NameError: name 'false' is not defined
@ 2018-07-25  4:45   ` Uditha Bandara
From: Uditha Bandara @ 2018-07-25  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the information.

I'm using latest version of Pktgen cloned on 24th July 2018 via:

git clone git://dpdk.org/apps/pktgen-dpdk

My python version is 2.7.12
I upgraded to 2.7.15 but observed the same errors.

RTE_SDK and RTE_TARGET environment variables are set as explained on
http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html

Thanks,
Uditha

@ 2018-07-25  5:59     ` Uditha Bandara
From: Uditha Bandara @ 2018-07-25  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

Hi,

Just identified that the problem goes away if the following file within
<PktgenInstallDir> is deleted.

/pktgen-dpdk/style/call_Uncrustify.cfg

Is it safe to delete this file?

Thanks and Regards,
Uditha

@ 2018-07-25 14:53   ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2018-07-25 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uditha Bandara; +Cc: users

> On Jul 24, 2018, at 7:21 PM, Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles@intel.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 24, 2018, at 6:25 PM, Uditha Bandara <ubndra@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to install Pktgen on a system running Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
>> I followed the steps given in:
>
> Which version of Pktgen are you using, seems like the latest version.
>

>> http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html
>>
>> When I executed "./tools/run.py -s default" I am getting the following
>> error.
>>
>> uditha@udithapc ~/sandbox/pktgen/pktgen-dpdk $ ./tools/run.py -s default

The only other thing I guess is are you typing the command in the pktgen directory as the ‘cfg’ directory must be there too.

>> 'x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc'
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "./tools/run.py", line 361, in <module>
>>   main()
>> File "./tools/run.py", line 358, in main
>>   setup_cfg(cfg_file)
>> File "./tools/run.py", line 219, in setup_cfg
>>   cfg = load_cfg(cfg_file)
>> File "./tools/run.py", line 119, in load_cfg
>>   cfg = imp.load_source('cfg', '', f)
>> File "", line 1, in <module>
>>

> I normally only run pktgen on Ubuntu systems and currently 18.04, which makes me believe it could the version of python you are running.
>
> I am running python 2.7.15.
>
> On my machine the same command works and false is nowhere in the code, must be a Python variable type.
>
> Do you have your RTE_SDK and RTE_TARGET environment variables set?
>
>> NameError: name 'false' is not defined
>>
>> I have tried cleaning up the files and a re-install but getting the same
>> error. Does any of the config files needed to be edited before this step?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Uditha
>
> Regards,
> Keith

Regards,
Keith

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen run.py error: NameError: name 'false' is not defined
@ 2018-07-25 14:55       ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2018-07-25 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uditha Bandara; +Cc: users

On Jul 25, 2018, at 12:59 AM, Uditha Bandara <ubndra@gmail.com<mailto:ubndra@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,

Just identified that the problem goes away if the following file within <PktgenInstallDir> is deleted.

/pktgen-dpdk/style/call_Uncrustify.cfg

Yes, it is safe to delete that file. I do not understand how that file would effect anything.

git clone git://dpdk.org/apps/pktgen-dpdk<http://dpdk.org/apps/pktgen-dpdk>

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:21 AM, Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles@intel.com<mailto:keith.wiles@intel.com>> wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2018, at 6:25 PM, Uditha Bandara <ubndra@gmail.com<mailto:ubndra@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Pktgen on a system running Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
> I followed the steps given in:

Which version of Pktgen are you using, seems like the latest version.

> http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html
>
> When I executed "./tools/run.py -s default" I am getting the following
> error.
>
> uditha@udithapc ~/sandbox/pktgen/pktgen-dpdk $ ./tools/run.py -s default
> 'x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./tools/run.py", line 361, in <module>
>    main()
>  File "./tools/run.py", line 358, in main
>    setup_cfg(cfg_file)
>  File "./tools/run.py", line 219, in setup_cfg
>    cfg = load_cfg(cfg_file)
>  File "./tools/run.py", line 119, in load_cfg
>    cfg = imp.load_source('cfg', '', f)
>  File "", line 1, in <module>

I normally only run pktgen on Ubuntu systems and currently 18.04, which makes me believe it could the version of python you are running.

I am running python 2.7.15.

On my machine the same command works and false is nowhere in the code, must be a Python variable type.

Do you have your RTE_SDK and RTE_TARGET environment variables set?

> NameError: name 'false' is not defined
>
> I have tried cleaning up the files and a re-install but getting the same
> error. Does any of the config files needed to be edited before this step?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Uditha

Regards,
Keith

Regards,
Keith

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen run.py error: NameError: name 'false' is not defined
@ 2018-07-25 14:57       ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2018-07-25 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uditha Bandara; +Cc: users

forgot to turntext mode back on :-(

> On Jul 25, 2018, at 12:59 AM, Uditha Bandara <ubndra@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Just identified that the problem goes away if the following file within <PktgenInstallDir> is deleted.
>
> /pktgen-dpdk/style/call_Uncrustify.cfg
>
> Is it safe to delete this file?

Yes, you can delete it. But that does not explain why this is happening, did you move any of the files around?

You need to be in the pktgen-dpdk directory and the ‘cfg’ directory needs to be at that level.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Uditha
>

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 2:45 PM, Uditha Bandara <ubndra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> I'm using latest version of Pktgen cloned on 24th July 2018 via:
>
> git clone git://dpdk.org/apps/pktgen-dpdk
>
> My python version is 2.7.12
> I upgraded to 2.7.15 but observed the same errors.
>
> RTE_SDK and RTE_TARGET environment variables are set as explained on
> http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html
>
> Thanks,
> Uditha
>
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:21 AM, Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles@intel.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 24, 2018, at 6:25 PM, Uditha Bandara <ubndra@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install Pktgen on a system running Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
> > I followed the steps given in:
>
> Which version of Pktgen are you using, seems like the latest version.
>

> > http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html
> >
> > When I executed "./tools/run.py -s default" I am getting the following
> > error.
> >
> > uditha@udithapc ~/sandbox/pktgen/pktgen-dpdk $ ./tools/run.py -s default
> > 'x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc'
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "./tools/run.py", line 361, in <module>
> >    main()
> >  File "./tools/run.py", line 358, in main
> >    setup_cfg(cfg_file)
> >  File "./tools/run.py", line 219, in setup_cfg
> >    cfg = load_cfg(cfg_file)
> >  File "./tools/run.py", line 119, in load_cfg
> >    cfg = imp.load_source('cfg', '', f)
> >  File "", line 1, in <module>
> >

> I normally only run pktgen on Ubuntu systems and currently 18.04, which makes me believe it could the version of python you are running.
>
> I am running python 2.7.15.
>
> On my machine the same command works and false is nowhere in the code, must be a Python variable type.
>
> Do you have your RTE_SDK and RTE_TARGET environment variables set?
>
> > NameError: name 'false' is not defined
> >
> > I have tried cleaning up the files and a re-install but getting the same
> > error. Does any of the config files needed to be edited before this step?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Uditha
>
> Regards,