From: "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com>
To: "Merve Orakcı" <merveorakci58@gmail.com>, users <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK-pktgen Flows
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 16:04:55 +0000	[thread overview]

From: users <users-bounces@dpdk.org>
Date: Monday, December 21, 2020 at 2:12 PM
To: users <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] DPDK-pktgen Flows
Hi everyone, I want to perform tests by creating different numbers of
flows. Are
there any commands that I can see the number of flows I have created? Also,
where can I find flow samples created in different numbers? I could get
very little information in the document. For example how do I create 1000
or 10000 flows?

Look into the range command in Pktgen ‘help range’ on the command line or TRex from Cisco could also be an option.

The range command allows you to adjust fields in the packets for starting/ending and increment values. The ‘page range’ allow you the configuration per port.

Switch between ports with ‘port X’ command to see other port configs while in the ‘page range’ screen.
Make sure you use the ‘enable <portlist> range’ command to enable range sending on a port.

One of the limitation for range is it will slow down the traffic as Pktgen needs to touch every packet.

--
*Merve Orakcı*
Research Asistant