* [dpdk-users] Queue pairs in C626 QAT Card
@ 2020-12-01 10:45 Joshi, Venkatesh
From: Joshi, Venkatesh @ 2020-12-01 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

What is the maximum number of queue pairs in C626 QAT card?

From rte_cryptodev_info_get(), it seems that the maximum number is 2. Is this correct?

Can it be increased via configuration or is this set in hardware?

I have a DPDK application running 5 instances on 5 CPUs. I need the QAT VF to be bound to each of the CPUs. But, this limitation of 2 queue pairs means that only 2 of the CPUs can communicate with QAT VF at any given point.

Regards,
Venkatesh

* Re: [dpdk-users] Queue pairs in C626 QAT Card
@ 2020-12-02  9:33 ` Trahe, Fiona
From: Trahe, Fiona @ 2020-12-02  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshi, Venkatesh, users; +Cc: Trahe, Fiona

[Fiona] I'm not familiar with the card numbers but assume this has a C62X device.

> From rte_cryptodev_info_get(), it seems that the maximum number is 2. Is this correct?
[Fiona] Yes - this is a hardware limitation.

> Can it be increased via configuration or is this set in hardware?
>
> I have a DPDK application running 5 instances on 5 CPUs. I need the QAT VF to be bound to each of the
> CPUs. But, this limitation of 2 queue pairs means that only 2 of the CPUs can communicate with QAT VF
> at any given point.
[Fiona] So you should allocate 3 VFs to the application, giving you 6 qps.