* [dpdk-users] Is it possible to configure different default queues per port
@ 2021-05-21  4:51 Joshi, Venkatesh
From: Joshi, Venkatesh @ 2021-05-21  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

We are using DPDK 20.08 and Intel XXV710 NIC (firmware version 7.3)

We have a dpdk application running as 4 processes on 4 CPUs.

And, we have 4 ports for the ingress traffic.

* Each port has been configured with 4 Rx Queues (from 0 to 3) and each Rx Queue is bound to a unique CPU.

With RSS hashing mechanism, the incoming packets will get hashed and fall into one of the 4 queues.
But, when RSS hashing fails or cannot be done, the incoming packets are enqueued into Queue 0 on each port because this is the default queue.

Is it possible to change the default queue so that, for each port, there is a different default queue. Eg:
 - For port 0, the default queue is 0 ,
 - For port 1, the default queue is 1 and so on.

Regards,
Venkatesh

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-21  4:52 UTC | newest]