* [dpdk-users] QAT cryto PMD queue pair and Ring Libary
@ 2019-03-07 21:28 Changchun Zhang
From: Changchun Zhang @ 2019-03-07 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

QAT PMD driver uses the queue pair to communication with QAT device. My question is, whether or this QAP queue pair is implemented over DPDK ring library or just self-defined queue implementation?

* Re: [dpdk-users] QAT cryto PMD queue pair and Ring Libary
@ 2019-03-08 10:55 ` Trahe, Fiona
From: Trahe, Fiona @ 2019-03-08 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
> QAT PMD driver uses the queue pair to communication with QAT device. My question is, whether or this
> QAP queue pair is implemented over DPDK ring library or just self-defined queue implementation?
[Fiona] This doesn't use the DPDK ring library. They are QAT-specific, hw-supported tx and rx rings.

* Re: [dpdk-users] QAT cryto PMD queue pair and Ring Libary
@ 2019-03-08 21:14   ` Changchun Zhang
From: Changchun Zhang @ 2019-03-08 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trahe, Fiona, users

Thanks.
The related question, for Ethernet device, if it has been bound to igb_uio driver, who is going to actually implement the rx_ring and tx_ring for the Ethernet PMD? The igb_uio driver?

Changchun (Alex)

@ 2019-03-11 11:07     ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-03-11 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Changchun Zhang, Trahe, Fiona, users

On 3/8/2019 9:14 PM, Changchun Zhang wrote:
> Thanks.
> The related question, for Ethernet device, if it has been bound to igb_uio driver, who is going to actually implement the rx_ring and tx_ring for the Ethernet PMD? The igb_uio driver?

DPDK drivers does it, please check ./drivers/net/*
igb_uio just for exposing the device registers to be able to use with DPDK drivers.

@ 2019-03-11 15:59       ` Changchun Zhang
From: Changchun Zhang @ 2019-03-11 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit, Trahe, Fiona, users

Thanks!
So igb_uio driver is actually part of DPDK, instead of the general Ethernet driver. This is very important.

Changchun (Alex)

@ 2019-03-11 16:05       ` Changchun Zhang
From: Changchun Zhang @ 2019-03-11 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit, Trahe, Fiona, users

I found i40e, ifc, and ixgbe under ./drivers/net/. Which folder is used to build the igb_uio?

Changchun (Alex)

@ 2019-03-12 10:39         ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-03-12 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Changchun Zhang, Trahe, Fiona, users

On 3/11/2019 3:59 PM, Changchun Zhang wrote:
> Thanks!
> So igb_uio driver is actually part of DPDK, instead of the general Ethernet driver. This is very important.

igb_uio driver is delivered by DPDK. igb_uio and drivers are separated.

@ 2019-03-12 10:40         ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-03-12 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Changchun Zhang, Trahe, Fiona, users

On 3/11/2019 4:05 PM, Changchun Zhang wrote:
> I found i40e, ifc, and ixgbe under ./drivers/net/. Which folder is used to build the igb_uio?

searching for it in the repo should yield some info:

$ find . -name "*igb_uio*"
./kernel/linux/igb_uio