* [dpdk-users] Problem with ipsec-secgw on DPAA
@ 2021-04-12 16:03 Bartlomiej
From: Bartlomiej @ 2021-04-12 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

I have a couple of problems with the example apps.

The setup used for testing is a custom LS1046A-based board running QorIQ
4.19 linux kernel. DPDK is built from the main branch with the DPAA
driver, specifically commit 41e026c1b3fd07ee. One of the ethernet ports
is under DPDK control and is plugged in directly into another board for
inspection of egress traffic. The DPDK apps are spawned with a tap
virtual device to insert some UDP packets for testing.

My goal is to run the ipsec-secgw app on it with hardware encryption.

I managed to run l2fwd successfully, but have a couple of problems with
other example apps:
1) l2fwd-crypto crashes on `struct qm_portal` access, which after
checking in gdb seems to consist of zeros.
2) ipsec-secgw - No matter what config I use, the only thing I managed
so far is to forward the UDP packets from the tap device to the ethernet
port. There is no ESP and the contents are unencrypted on the other
device. The config used:

```
sp ipv4 in esp protect 5 pri 2 dst 10.0.3.0/24 sport 0:65535 dport 0:65535

sa in 5 \
cipher_algo aes-128-cbc \
cipher_key de:ad:be:ef:de:ad:be:ef:de:ad:be:ef:de:ad:be:ef \
auth_algo sha1-hmac \
auth_key de:ad:be:ef:de:ad:be:ef:de:ad:be:ef:de:ad:be:ef:de:ad:be:ef \
mode ipv4-tunnel \
src 10.0.3.100 dst 100.0.3.101 \
port_id 0 type lookaside-protocol-offload

rt ipv4 dst 10.0.3.0/24 port 0
```

The UDP packets are generated according to this spec:
https://gist.github.com/bartlomiejn/2607847a3f70d543da92f5717b88fa4e

Is my config correct? Can anyone help with diagnosing this problem?

Best regards,
Bartlomiej Nowak
Software Engineer
Conclusive Engineering