DPDK website maintenance
* [dpdk-web] DPDK Programmer's Guide :ERRATA
@ 2020-01-26 18:46 prateekag
From: prateekag @ 2020-01-26 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: web

Dear,

I am currently going through the DPDK programmer's guide 20.02-rc1 updated on
January 21, 2020, as a part of my Master's Project.
I found the following errors in the documentation.
  a) In section 5.1 (What is quiescent state): In paragraph 5, The line "So
reader thread 1 will not have a reference to the deleted entry" should be
replaced with "So reader thread 3 will not have a reference to the deleted
entry." We are talking about reader thread 3 and its behavior in this
paragraph and not reader thread 1."
b) If what I am thinking is right, this one is a much serious error.
In section 6.5.3 Multiple Producers enqueue Figure 6.10, the global
prod_head(ring-> prod_head) should point one place to the right of the obj5
(i.e. shift it from its current position to one place right)
As in third step, core 2 CAS is successful as mention in the text.
If I am not mailing to the correct mailing list, kindly forward the message
to the correct mailing list.

Regards
Prateek Agarwal

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-01-26 20:56 UTC | newest]