* [dpdk-dev] /run/dpdk cleanup
@ 2019-07-08 15:00 Shubhachint, Chaitanya
From: Shubhachint, Chaitanya @ 2019-07-08 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

I run my dpdk applications with "file-prefix" option, so I can run them concurrently. I see that it creates a runtime directory under /var/run/dpdk. This directory still persists after the application has terminated. The code calls rte_eal_cleanup before exiting but that doesn't seem to remove the directory and its content. In my setup I have to consistently bring my applications up, run then for short period and terminate them, each application run picks a new file-prefix, thus creating new directory under /var/run/dpdk. After enough number of runs the tempfs partition fills up and results into rte_eal_init failure.
Is there a cleanup routine or sequence I need to implement to unlink this directory? Your help is appreciated.

Chaitanya.