DPDK community structure changes
* [dpdk-moving]  [legal]
@ 2016-10-26 15:03 Francois Ozog
From: Francois Ozog @ 2016-10-26 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moving

As part of the legal work, here is the CLA that we use at Linaro and passed
lawyers from many networking organizations (Cisco, Ericsson, Nokia, Huawei,
ZTE, Broadcom, TI, Cavium, NXP, ENEA, WindRiver, Monta Vista, ARM)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xTReYFXqNtR0wwRUhqUEpwTUE/preview

I think this can be a good base for DPDK.

FF

--
[image: Linaro] <http://www.linaro.org/>
François-Frédéric Ozog | *Director Linaro Networking Group*

* Re: [dpdk-moving] [legal]
@ 2016-10-26 15:49 ` Dumitrescu, Cristian
From: Dumitrescu, Cristian @ 2016-10-26 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francois Ozog, moving

Hi Francois- Frederic,

A few questions to clarify my confusion:

·        Is every DPDK contributor expected to sign one of these forms before being allowed to contribute code?

·        Is every DPDK contributor expected to sign this form only once at the time of joining DPDK community or once for every patch its submits?

·        What is wrong with the current DPDK.org signoff process which is the mechanism that certifies the origin of the code and the applicable license? Maybe we just need to expand the description on dpdk.org/dev a bit?

Before sending a patch, be sure that there is no licensing issue. The commit log must have a Signed-off-by line (--signoff option). It certifies that you wrote it and/or have the right to send it.
For a longer explanation, see the Developer's Certificate of Origin in Linux guidelines<http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/SubmittingPatches>.

Regards,
Cristian

As part of the legal work, here is the CLA that we use at Linaro and passed lawyers from many networking organizations (Cisco, Ericsson, Nokia, Huawei, ZTE, Broadcom, TI, Cavium, NXP, ENEA, WindRiver, Monta Vista, ARM)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xTReYFXqNtR0wwRUhqUEpwTUE/preview

I think this can be a good base for DPDK.

FF

--
[Linaro]<http://www.linaro.org/>

François-Frédéric Ozog | Director Linaro Networking Group

T: +33.67221.6485<tel:%2B33.67221.6485>
francois.ozog@linaro.org<mailto:francois.ozog@linaro.org> | Skype: ffozog

* Re: [dpdk-moving] [legal]
@ 2016-10-26 16:47   ` Francois Ozog