* Event device library probs.
@ 2022-10-28 22:31 Juan Pablo L.
From: Juan Pablo L. @ 2022-10-28 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello everyone, I am trying to add support for the event device library to my application, but I have not been able to do it, i get the following problem at program start up:

w_probeeventdev vdev init() failed
vdev_probe(): failed to initialize event_sw0 device
EAL: Bus (vdev) probe failed.

I have tested the example application "eventdev_pipeline" with same results.

I m trying to create the device by passing the --vdev="event_sw0" flag to "rte_eal_init", I am trying with shared and static versions of dpdk (just in case idk) ... also tried with "rte_vdev_init" with same results.

I am also using in the same command line the following options (in case it matters):
--no-telemetry
--no-pci
--in-memory
--main-lcore 0
--lcores=(0)@(4), ....etc

I am surely missing something but can't pinpoint it, I would really appreciate any suggestions, thank you very much!

using dpdk-22.07

* Re: Event device library probs.
@ 2022-11-04 17:40 ` Juan Pablo L.
From: Juan Pablo L. @ 2022-11-04 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello guys, no one has any suggestion please ? or  a check list what I should check to make sure it is working/configured please ? I have read the docs and I can't figure this out .. I'd appreciate any feedback at all ...

thank you!