* Mempool bigger than 1 page causes segmentation fault
@ 2022-07-27 11:59 MOD
From: MOD @ 2022-07-27 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,

My team and I have encountered a problem where allocation of a mempool
larger than 1GB (== 1 Hugepage) fails.
We are in a multi-process environment, and the `rte_mempool_create`
happens in the secondary process.

Sometimes the allocation succeeds but after some successes (for me
specifically, two) the following occurs:
the secondary process segfaults on `malloc_elem_can_hold`, inside a stack
starting from `rte_mempool_create`.

Restarting the secondary process does not work as it is stuck on `EAL:
Probing VFIO support`, and restarting
the main process is the only option.

Has anyone had this problem, or knows any possible solution?
Thanks!