* quick question about core affinity
@ 2023-04-26 11:37 이재홍
From: 이재홍 @ 2023-04-26 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello, I'm new to DPDK

I've tried to run samples and got a query about core affinity.
As I understand, if a lcore has affinity to a CPU set, it will run only on
the CPU set.
And I thought If I run a dpdk sample with core 0-2, none process can use
the core (0-2). but when I try to run a simple app(not dpdk app) with
taskset command, it runs on 0, 1, 2 cores..

what I want was if I use cores for dpdk apps none other process can access
the cores.. but it seems possible..

I've googled to find out this but I couldn't find anything I wanted.
Is there anyone can explain about this...?

BR.
Jaehong Lee