* DPDK 22.03 substantially slower with Intel E810-C
@ 2022-08-04 10:22 Filip Janiszewski
From: Filip Janiszewski @ 2022-08-04 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

DPDK 22.03 contains quite some changed to the ICE driver and the
implementation for the Intel E810-C card, I'm running some tests and
while switching to this new version from 21.02 I see a degradation of
performance of around 30% using 4 capture core with 40Gbps rate (64bytes
frame), packets are random and evenly distributed among the cores.

Leaving unchanged all the other factors and only updating the library I
start observing substantial packet drops, using igb_uio and firmware
version 3.00 0x80008256 1.2992.0, I do not see any drop with 21.02.

Is there any novel configuration to be made during initialization of the
card or something like that? Anyone else is observing performance drop
with the new dpdk?

Thanks

--
BR, Filip
+48 666 369 823

* Re: DPDK 22.03 substantially slower with Intel E810-C
@ 2022-08-04 10:53 ` Lokesh Chakka
From: Lokesh Chakka @ 2022-08-04 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Filip Janiszewski; +Cc: users