* Does the vhost-user driver ensures the distribution of traffic between multiple RX queues?
       [not found] <CAMxxxdPe8aZ4=KcuE+Gf4-hJGZ3cNc6j2e4V0vM05-rGB+dzTA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-06-09 17:37 ` Adel Belkhiri
From: Adel Belkhiri @ 2022-06-09 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi guys,

I have a question for you. I know that vhost-user NICs can be configured
with many  RX/TX queues, but does the vhost-user driver ensures the
distribution of traffic between RX queues?

I used the sample application l3fdw to switch traffic between two
vhost-user NICs, each with 4 queues. The traffic was generated using TREX
(and testpmd also), running inside a VM. When I traced my experiment, I
noticed that the traffic was only received in queue "0", while the other RX
queues were empty.

The l3fdw app tells me that "Port 0 modified RSS hash function based on
hardware support,requested:0xa38c configured:0". For offloading
capabilities, testpmd indicates that the vhost-user nic NIC has only
support for VLAN STRIP (and not for RSS)!

I appreciate any clarification on this matter.

Thank you,

PS:
- DPDK version: 19.08
- Qemu version: 4.2.1