* cannot trx when use testpmd
@ 2024-04-12  7:51 hao wang
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: hao wang @ 2024-04-12  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I have a pmd that I am upstreaming to DPDK and currently testing. When I
use testpmd to test my pmd, I found that my pmd could trx in DPDK 23.07,
but it cannot in DPDK 23.11. After comparing the atlantic pmd between DPDK
23.07 and 23.11, I see nearly no changes. I see the testpmd difference
between DPDK 23.07 and DPDK 23.11 and think these changes may not cause the
problem.

But when I use pktgen to test the pmd, it's ok.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

* Re: cannot trx when use testpmd
@ 2024-04-12 11:01 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2024-04-12 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hao wang; +Cc: users

On 4/12/2024 8:51 AM, hao wang wrote:
> I have a pmd that I am upstreaming to DPDK and currently testing. When I
> use testpmd to test my pmd, I found that my pmd could trx in DPDK 23.07,
> but it cannot in DPDK 23.11. After comparing the atlantic pmd between
> DPDK 23.07 and 23.11, I see nearly no changes. I see the testpmd
> difference between DPDK 23.07 and DPDK 23.11 and think these changes may
> not cause the problem.
>
> But when I use pktgen to test the pmd, it's ok.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Hao,

I am not aware of any known issues in testpmd that may cause this
specific problem.
And without more details it is not possible to know what the issue is.

What is the PMD you are working on? Are you planning to upstream it for
v24.07 release?

Also I assume you are checking 'atlantic' driver code only as sample, is
this correct?

Thanks,
ferruh

* Re: cannot trx when use testpmd
@ 2024-04-15  2:22   ` hao wang
From: hao wang @ 2024-04-15  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: users

Dear ferruh,

I am currently engaged in working on the Realtek R8125 and R8126 projects.
Should I manage to overcome the current issue, I intend to contribute my
PMD upstream for inclusion in the v24.07 release. In the meantime, I will
continue to delve deeper into the debugging process in order to gather more
specific and pertinent details.

Thank you very much.

Hao

Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@amd.com> 于2024年4月12日周五 19:01写道:

@ 2024-04-15  7:11 ` David Marchand
From: David Marchand @ 2024-04-15  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hao wang; +Cc: users

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 9:51 AM hao wang <imhowardwang@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a pmd that I am upstreaming to DPDK and currently testing. When I use testpmd to test my pmd, I found that my pmd could trx in DPDK 23.07, but it cannot in DPDK 23.11. After comparing the atlantic pmd between DPDK 23.07 and 23.11, I see nearly no changes. I see the testpmd difference between DPDK 23.07 and DPDK 23.11 and think these changes may not cause the problem.
>
> But when I use pktgen to test the pmd, it's ok.
>
> Any suggestions?

Nothing comes to mind.
The simpler is to do a bisect.

--