* [BBDev + PktGen] How to properly generate traffic with Pktgen-DPDK towards BBDev
@ 2024-02-01 15:11 Mattia Milani
From: Mattia Milani @ 2024-02-01 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello everybody,

It's the first time that I'm posting on this mailing list so I hope it's
the correct place for my questions.
Otherwise please correct me.

I'm trying to generate some traffic using Pktgen-DPDK and sending it to
BBDev.
Following what is described
in:https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/sample_app_ug/bbdev_app.html
But I'm facing some issues. Mostly because I'm new to DPDK in general
and I'm learning
how to use this tools.

I've installed and configured all the software without much problems and
when I run the
following command I can see the statistics from BBDev displayed on video:
"sudo -E ./dpdk-23.11/build/examples/dpdk-bbdev_app --log-level
lib.eal:debug \
--vdev='baseband_turbo_sw,max_nb_queues=8,socket_id=0' \
--vdev=net_tap0,iface=foo0 \
-c 0x38 --file-prefix=bbdev -- -e 0x10 -d 0x20"

I've substituted the "-a <NIC0PCIADDR>" from the tutorial with a virtual
interface because
I don't have other nic cards that DPDK can acquire.

On the other side I run Pktgen-DPDK as suggested in the guidelines,
again swapping
"<NIC1PCIADDR>" with a virtual one, as follows:
"sudo -E ./Builddir/app/pktgen -c 0x3 --file-prefix=pg
--vdev=net_tap1,iface=foo1 -- -m 1.0 -P -T"

But now I do not understand how I can generate traffic towards BBDev.
I've looked into the documentation of both BBDev and PktGen but I cannot
wrap my head
around it.
I would really appreciate any kind of suggestion, also material and
references to look into
that can help me to connect this two components.

Thanks in advance for the help, best regards,
Mattia

* Re: [BBDev + PktGen] How to properly generate traffic with Pktgen-DPDK towards BBDev
@ 2024-02-05  7:39 ` Mattia Milani
From: Mattia Milani @ 2024-02-05  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Solved using 54.3 Example at the following page:
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/tap.html

Mattia