* [dpdk-dev] Rx/Tx callbacks in debug mode
@ 2015-03-23 14:31 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2015-03-23 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Richardson, John Mcnamara; +Cc: dev

Hi,

As you may know, rte_eth_rx_burst() and rte_eth_tx_burst() have a
debug-specific implementation enabled with RTE_LIBRTE_ETHDEV_DEBUG.
I'm afraid these implementations have been forgotten when adding
optional Rx/Tx callbacks. Or is it intended?

What do you think of removing these debug functions and insert extra
checks with ifdef in an unique function?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Rx/Tx callbacks in debug mode
@ 2015-03-23 15:01 ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2015-03-23 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 03:31:48PM +0100, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you may know, rte_eth_rx_burst() and rte_eth_tx_burst() have a
> debug-specific implementation enabled with RTE_LIBRTE_ETHDEV_DEBUG.
> I'm afraid these implementations have been forgotten when adding
> optional Rx/Tx callbacks. Or is it intended?
>
> What do you think of removing these debug functions and insert extra
> checks with ifdef in an unique function?

The omission was unintentional. I think removing duplicate functions and using a
common version, if possible, is always a good idea, or else things like this
keep happening! :-)

/Bruce