* [dpdk-dev] OK to reindent the pktgen (mix of tabs and spaces, etc.)?
@ 2015-11-23  7:10 Matthew Hall
From: Matthew Hall @ 2015-11-23  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

I would like to reindent it using the following astyle command, with a few
small hand edits past that level, to get it closer to most other DPDK code as
the inconsistent mix of tabs, spaces, etc. makes it difficult to read and
debug when it has issues.

Obviously the upstream Lua and common/wr_* code would not be included as they
seem to be copied from elsewhere w/ different upstream standards.

If I were to make the big diff needed for this, would this item be acceptable
upstream?

Otherwise it is going to be hard to get more people working on the code
reliably as it will be hard for others to follow besides the original authors.

astyle \
--max-code-length=132 \
--style=attach \
--break-closing-brackets \
--add-brackets \
--indent=force-tab=8 \
--indent-switches \
--indent-labels \
--indent-col1-comments \
--pad-oper \
--pad-header \
--unpad-paren \
--align-pointer=type \
--align-reference=type \
--suffix=none \
--lineend=linux \
./app/**/*.{c,h}

Sincerely,
Matthew.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] OK to reindent the pktgen (mix of tabs and spaces, etc.)?
@ 2016-01-03  8:06 ` Matthew Hall
From: Matthew Hall @ 2016-01-03  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

In over a month I didn't get a reply if it would be OK to clean up the
inconsistent tabs and spaces indents in the pktgen, to make it easier
for the community to read the code and help maintain it and add bug fixes.

It would be very helpful if I could get a response and a plan for this
if my proposal is not acceptable, or it's not going to be very pleasant
to patch any bugs I find when testing it, as some of the stuff I'd want
to work on in the pktgen comes from files with weird indentation that is
not consistent and thus painful to send patches.

Sincerely,
Matthew.