* [dpdk-dev] 19.02 Intel Roadmap
@ 2018-11-23 11:11 O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2018-11-23 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

As discussed at yesterday's Release Status Meeting, we need to update our Roadmap page (http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/) for 19.02. The features that we plan to contribute are described below. We'll submit a patch to update the roadmap page with this info.

vDPA Live Migration Software Fallback: The current vDPA library provides the vDPA driver an interface to implement hardware-based dirty page logging. A software fallback option will be added to handle situations where the hardware does not log dirty pages.

IPsec Library: An initial version of a DPDK IPsec library will be provided. This will define data structures and APIs to prepare IPsec data for crypto processing, APIs to handle ESP header encap/decap for tunnel and transport modes, and capabilities such as initialising Security Associations. The existing IPsec Security Gateway sample application (ipsec-secgw) will be updated to use the new library.

Compression Performance Test Tool: A performance test application will be created which will allow performance testing of compression PMDs.

I40E Queue Request: A new operation (VIRTCHNL_OP_REQUEST_QUEUES) will be implemented to allow an I40E VF to request a specific number of queues from the PF.