* [dpdk-dev] dpdk was compiled with CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_VHOST_NUMA=n , but on ovs-2.8 compilation, "configure: error: unable to find libnuma, install the dependency package "
@ 2017-09-28  5:33 Joo Kim
From: Joo Kim @ 2017-09-28  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

My dpdk was compiled with   CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_VHOST_NUMA=n  (which is a
default in config/common_base).

But, I see following error when I  compile ovs-2.8 with dpdk enabled. Is
this expected?   Also ignorable error?

"
. . .
checking for library containing get_mempolicy... no
configure: error: unable to find libnuma, install the dependency package
"

* Re: [dpdk-dev] dpdk was compiled with CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_VHOST_NUMA=n , but on ovs-2.8 compilation, "configure: error: unable to find libnuma, install the dependency package "
  2017-09-28  5:33 [dpdk-dev] dpdk was compiled with CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_VHOST_NUMA=n , but on ovs-2.8 compilation, "configure: error: unable to find libnuma, install the dependency package " Joo Kim
@ 2017-09-28  9:30 ` Burakov, Anatoly
From: Burakov, Anatoly @ 2017-09-28  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

On 28-Sep-17 6:33 AM, Joo Kim wrote:
> Hello,
>

> My dpdk was compiled with   CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_VHOST_NUMA=n  (which is a
> default in config/common_base).
>
> But, I see following error when I  compile ovs-2.8 with dpdk enabled. Is
> this expected?   Also ignorable error?
>
> "
> . . .
> checking for library containing get_mempolicy... no
> configure: error: unable to find libnuma, install the dependency package
> "

Hi Joo,

Libnuma is a required dependency for building for NUMA support, but if
you don't want it, please also set CONFIG_RTE_EAL_NUMA_AWARE_HUGEPAGES
to "n".

Anatoly