* [dpdk-dev] Clang Scan build results
@ 2014-08-27 15:13 Wiles, Roger Keith
From: Wiles, Roger Keith @ 2014-08-27 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: <dev@dpdk.org>

Hi Everyone,

I built dpdk with Clang and used the scan-build analyzer to produce a report. The report is about 13M in size so not very nice to send to the list. I decided to place the report on github.com if you want to see the results.

While running scan-build the build would fail, but I forced the build to continue using the scan-build option to get as much of the report as possible. I did not have time yet to understand why the build stopped and I hope to dig into it more later.

Running scan-build is pretty simple, so would be a nice test report if you wanted to add it to dpdk.org site and maintain its output for review. It would be nice to run once in a while to weed out any basic problems. We could run something like PC-Lint or Coverity, but they cost money :-)

Here is the link to my Pktgen-DPDK repos on github:

# git clone git://github.com/Pktgen/dpdk-scan-build-results.git

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks
++Keith

Keith Wiles, Principal Technologist with CTO office, Wind River mobile 972-213-5533