* [dpdk-dev] rte_pmd_init_all is missing while upgrading from DPDK 1.6 to DPDK 1.7
@ 2016-05-24  5:33 shiva m
From: shiva m @ 2016-05-24  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

I have rte_pmd_init_all used in my code. While upgrading from DPDK 1.6 to
DPDK 1.7, I see this function is missing in DPDK 1.7. I
removed rte_pmd_init_all from my code, but I am not sure whether
initialization is done for all poll mode drivers

What is the right way to do this?. Can anyone please help in this.

Thanks,
Shiva

* Re: [dpdk-dev] rte_pmd_init_all is missing while upgrading from DPDK 1.6 to DPDK 1.7
@ 2016-05-24  5:35 ` Zhang, Helin
From: Zhang, Helin @ 2016-05-24  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shiva m, dev

You can just check how it does in any of example applications (e.g. l2fwd).

Regards,
Helin

@ 2016-05-24  6:02 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2016-05-24  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shiva m, dev

The PMD’s are now being inited in the EAL init call for the code and that API is not required anymore. If you are adding a new driver, make sure it is up to date with any changes in the driver code too.

Regards,
Keith

@ 2016-05-30 17:32   ` shiva m
From: shiva m @ 2016-05-30 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: dev

Hi,

Thank you very much for your replies. I removed this API, I also see
rte_eal_pci_set_blacklist() is no more available with DPDK 1.7.1,  I am
using rte_eal_devargs_add(). Any document mentioning changes from DPDK-1.6
to DPDK-1.7?

Thanks,
Shiva