* [dpdk-dev] unchecked return value in enic driver
@ 2016-06-13 11:17 Kerlin, MarcinX
From: Kerlin, MarcinX @ 2016-06-13 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: johndale, neescoba; +Cc: dev

Hi John and Nelson,

I have a question regarding Coverity defects:

File: /drivers/net/enic/enic_ethdev.c
Line: 379

CID 13197: Unchecked return value (CHECKED_RETURN)1. check_return: Calling rte_atomic64_cmpset without checking return value (as is done elsewhere 15 out of 17 times)

Can I mark this error as "False Positive" in Coverity Classification ? reason:
1. Function returns a void type so change the return type to int requires changes all drivers
2. rte_atomic64_cmpset is at the end of function so nonsense added a return

What is your opinion?

Regards,
Marcin

* Re: [dpdk-dev] unchecked return value in enic driver
@ 2016-06-20 11:11 ` Kerlin, MarcinX
From: Kerlin, MarcinX @ 2016-06-20 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'johndale@cisco.com', 'neescoba@cisco.com'
  Cc: 'dev@dpdk.org'

Hi John and Nelson,

I marked this Coverity as false-positive with an explanation. If in your opinion it is not ok, you can reopen/change/fix it.

@ 2016-06-20 18:44   ` John Daley (johndale)
From: John Daley (johndale) @ 2016-06-20 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kerlin, MarcinX, Nelson Escobar (neescoba); +Cc: 'dev@dpdk.org'

I agree with marking it false positive for the reason you mention.
Thanks!
John