* [dpdk-dev] [RFC v3] Compression API in DPDK :SW ZLIB PMD
@ 2018-01-10  8:33 Verma, Shally
From: Verma, Shally @ 2018-01-10  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trahe, Fiona, dev
  Cc: Gupta, Ashish, Sahu, Sunila, Challa, Mahipal, Athreya,
	Narayana Prasad, De Lara Guarch, Pablo, Jain, Deepak K,
	Roy Pledge, Youri Querry, Hemant Agrawal, Ahmed Mansour

Hi Fiona

We are planning to implement ZLIB based SW PMD to proof-concept DPDK compression RFC v3 API spec internally. However, would like to check
If you're working upon similar in parallel and if yes, then what's your development roadmap / strategy so that we could see if we could leverage joint effort.
Depending upon your feedback, we can see if we can have some common repo for joint development or send it as RFC patch.

Let me know your opinion on same.

Thanks
Shally

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [RFC v3] Compression API in DPDK :SW ZLIB PMD
@ 2018-01-11 19:01 ` Trahe, Fiona
From: Trahe, Fiona @ 2018-01-11 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Verma, Shally, dev
  Cc: Gupta, Ashish, Sahu, Sunila, Challa, Mahipal, Athreya,
	Narayana Prasad, De Lara Guarch, Pablo, Jain, Deepak K,
	Roy Pledge, Youri Querry, Hemant Agrawal, Ahmed Mansour, Trahe,
	Fiona, De Lara Guarch, Pablo

Hi Shally,

We are planning to implement ZLIB based SW PMD to proof-concept DPDK compression RFC v3 API spec internally. However, would like to check
If you're working upon similar in parallel and if yes, then what's your development roadmap / strategy so that we could see if we could leverage joint effort.
Depending upon your feedback, we can see if we can have some common repo for joint development or send it as RFC patch.

Let me know your opinion on same.
[Fiona] We have not started a zlib based SW PMD, and would be delighted if you would do this, I agree it's a
good way to prove out the API.
We are writing some unit tests against the API, we would be happy to share these with you, and continue to develop these
jointly so the same test sets can be targeted against all PMDs.
I think a common draft repo would be the best way forward. Let's talk to the maintainers about getting one set up.

@ 2018-01-12 13:53   ` Verma, Shally
From: Verma, Shally @ 2018-01-12 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trahe, Fiona, dev
  Cc: Gupta, Ashish, Sahu, Sunila, Challa, Mahipal, Athreya,
	Narayana Prasad, De Lara Guarch, Pablo, Jain, Deepak K,
	Roy Pledge, Youri Querry, Hemant Agrawal, Ahmed Mansour,
	De Lara Guarch, Pablo

Hi Fiona

> I think a common draft repo would be the best way forward. Let's talk to the maintainers about getting one set up.
Sure. Please share us details when it is available. I assume it will be created once API spec move from RFC to 1st version?

Thanks
Shally

@ 2018-02-02 11:26     ` Verma, Shally
From: Verma, Shally @ 2018-02-02 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trahe, Fiona, dev
  Cc: Gupta, Ashish, Sahu, Sunila, Challa, Mahipal, Athreya,
	Narayana Prasad, De Lara Guarch, Pablo, Jain, Deepak K,
	Roy Pledge, Youri Querry, Hemant Agrawal, Ahmed Mansour,
	De Lara Guarch, Pablo

HI Fiona

[Shally] Any update on this? We're available with sample SW ZLIB based implementation (currently proof-concepted for stateless only) . So, if any repo is available, we can upload it there.

@ 2018-02-02 11:42       ` Jain, Deepak K
From: Jain, Deepak K @ 2018-02-02 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Verma, Shally, Trahe, Fiona, dev
  Cc: Gupta, Ashish, Sahu, Sunila, Challa, Mahipal, Athreya,
	Narayana Prasad, De Lara Guarch, Pablo, Roy Pledge, Youri Querry,
	Hemant Agrawal, Ahmed Mansour, De Lara Guarch, Pablo

Hi Shally,

We are working towards getting final internal approvals and will have more info. on this early next week.