* Question about VFIO_DEVICE_RESET
@ 2022-09-30 20:48 Niket Kandya
From: Niket Kandya @ 2022-09-30 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Tanjore Suresh

Hi Folks,

After running into a reset related issue recently and browsing through
code, I reached at this function *pci_rte_vfio_setup_device*.

I do not understand the rationale of the *VFIO_DEVICE_RESET* at the end of
this function.
Looks like the function sets up interrupts, enables bus mastering and then
resets the device?

See below from the PCIe spec:
*`Note that the controls that enable the Function to initiate requests on
PCI Express are cleared, including Bus Master Enable, MSI Enable, and the
like, effectively causing the Function to become quiescent on the Link.`*

Is the function effectively undoing everything by doing the reset at the
end?