* [dpdk-dev] KNI example with pcap file
@ 2015-07-28  1:55 EaseTheWorld Mr.
From: EaseTheWorld Mr. @ 2015-07-28  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello. I'm a DPDK newbie, playing with KNI.

I have a packet analysis application like tshark,
which receives packets from network interface or pcap file.

My plan with KNI is
1) Performance improvement without modifying my program
2) Add ip_reassembly, acl to kni example.
   (rte_eth_rx_burst -> ip_reassembly, acl -> rte_kni_tx_burst)

If input is network interface, I think the plan is fine.
but if input is pcap file, is it possible?
Should I use vdev or something?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] KNI example with pcap file
@ 2015-07-28 12:05 ` Jay Rolette
From: Jay Rolette @ 2015-07-28 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EaseTheWorld Mr.; +Cc: DPDK

Maybe I just haven't had enough caffeine this morning yet, but why would
you add IP reassembly to KNI? If packets are going through KNI, they
already have IP reassembly via the normal Linux networking stack...

Jay