* [dpdk-dev] Maximum possible throughput with the KNI DPDK Application
@ 2014-09-17 22:50 Malveeka Tewari
From: Malveeka Tewari @ 2014-09-17 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all

I've been playing the with DPDK API to send out packets using the l2fwd app
and the Kernel Network Interface app with a single Intel 82599 NIC on an
Intel Xeon E5-2630

With the l2fwd application, I've been able to achieve 14.88 Mpps with
minimum sized packets.
However, running iperf with the KNI application only gives  me only ~7Gb/s
peak throughput.

Has anyone achieved the 10Gb/s line rate with the KNI application?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Malveeka