* Re: RFC - GRO Flowlookup Optimisation
@ 2023-11-22 15:14 胡嘉瑜
From: 胡嘉瑜 @ 2023-11-22 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kumaraparameshwaran rathinavel, dev

Hi Kumara,

It is a good idea. You can send the code and I will help to review.

Thanks,
Jiayu

发自我的iPhone

From: kumaraparameshwaran rathinavel <kumaraparamesh92@gmail.com&gt;
Date: Wed,Nov 22,2023 2:01 PM
To: dev <dev@dpdk.org&gt;, hujiayu.hu <hujiayu.hu@foxmail.com&gt;
Subject: Re: RFC - GRO Flowlookup Optimisation

Hi Folks,

The current GRO code uses an unoptimised version of flow lookup where each flow in the table is iterated over during the flow matching process. For a rte_gro_reassemble_burst in lightweight mode this would not cause much of an impact. But with rte_gro_reassemble which is done with a timeout interval, this causes higher CPU utilisation during throughput tests. The proposal here is to use a Hash based flowtable which could make use of the&nbsp; rte_hash table implementation in DPDK. There could be a hash table for each of the GRO types. The lookup function and the key could be different for each one of the types. If there is a consensus that this could have a better performance impact I would work on an initial patch set. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Kumara.

* Re: RFC - GRO Flowlookup Optimisation
@ 2023-11-22 15:36 ` kumaraparameshwaran rathinavel