From: "Xia, Chenbo" <chenbo.xia@intel.com>
To: Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] [RFC v3 0/6] Add mdev (Mediated device) support in DPDK
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:44:42 +0000	[thread overview]

OK. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I could investigate a bit about the choice and later come back to you.

> Is there any kernel code supporting this mdev model for Intel devices?

Now there's only intel GPU. But I think you care more about devices that DPDK could
drive: a dma device (DPDK's name ioat under raw/ioat) is on its way upstreaming
(https://www.spinics.net/lists/kvm/msg244417.html)

Thanks,
Chenbo