* [dpdk-dev] Lcore-vports-queues mapping
@ 2015-02-17  9:08 kuldeep.samasi
From: kuldeep.samasi @ 2015-02-17  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev-bounces, dev

Hi Team ,

I am using DPDK-1.7.1 , I am trying find out how to map lcore -- >vports -- > queuesin code level as well as user command prompt level .
Suggestions are welcome on this .

Regards,
Kuldeep

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Lcore-vports-queues mapping
@ 2015-02-17 10:13 ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2015-02-17 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kuldeep.samasi; +Cc: dev-bounces, dev

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 09:08:07AM +0000, kuldeep.samasi@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi Team ,
>
> I am using DPDK-1.7.1 , I am trying find out how to map lcore -- >vports -- > queuesin code level as well as user command prompt level .
> Suggestions are welcome on this .

Hi,

cores and ports and queues can be mapped just about any way that your application
wants. The only real restriction is that two cores cannot poll the same queue
on the same port at the same time.
You can set up your app to have each port polled by a single core, or to have
all ports polled by one core, or to have one port polled by multiple cores (using
different queues).

Regards,
/Bruce

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Lcore-vports-queues mapping
@ 2015-02-17 10:20   ` kuldeep.samasi
From: kuldeep.samasi @ 2015-02-17 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruce.richardson; +Cc: dev-bounces, dev

Hi Bruce ,

Thanks for suggestion , I want to map the lcore -- vport -- queue manually by command prompt , which program file I needs to enhance .

Regards
Kuldeep

@ 2015-02-17 10:29     ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2015-02-17 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kuldeep.samasi; +Cc: dev-bounces, dev

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:20:14AM +0000, kuldeep.samasi@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi Bruce ,
>
> Thanks for suggestion , I want to map the lcore -- vport -- queue manually by command prompt , which program file I needs to enhance .

What application are you using? DPDK is primarily a set of libraries, and
contains some apps purely as examples or for testing.

/Bruce

@ 2015-02-17 10:46       ` kuldeep.samasi
From: kuldeep.samasi @ 2015-02-17 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruce.richardson; +Cc: dev-bounces, dev

I am using OVDK (dpdk openvswitch ), where I need to enhance the packet processing speed on DPDK data path by modifying lcore-- port-- queue mapping .