From: "Hunt, David" <david.hunt@intel.com>
To: oulijun <oulijun@huawei.com>, David Marchand <david.marchand@redhat.com>
Cc: Van Haaren Harry <harry.van.haaren@intel.com>, dev <dev@dpdk.org>,
	"Burakov, Anatoly" <anatoly.burakov@intel.com>,
	"Pattan, Reshma" <reshma.pattan@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] 【BUG REPORT】l3fwd-power can not exit by ctrl+c
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 09:36:08 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Lijun,

On 26/5/2020 4:50 AM, oulijun wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have update the code into 20.05-rc2. However, the l3fwd-power
> startup fail.
>
> [root@centos-C3 build]# l3fwd-power -w 0000:7d:00.1  -c 0xc000000 -n 4
> -- -P -p 0x01 --config '(0,0,27)' --parse-ptype

--snip--

> POWER: Attempting to initialise ACPI cpufreq power management...
> POWER: Power management governor of lcore 26 has been set to user
> space successfully
> POWER: File not opened
> POWER: Cannot get available frequencies of lcore 26
> POWER: Attempting to initialise PSTAT power management...
> POWER: Power management governor of lcore 26 has been set to
> performance successfully
> POWER: Error opening '/dev/cpu/26/msr': No such file or directory
> POWER: Cannot init for setting frequency for lcore 26

This was not happening in your previous logs, have you got the 'msr'
kernel module loaded?

> POWER: Attempting to initialise VM power management...
> GUEST_CHANNEL: Opening channel
> '/dev/virtio-ports/virtio.serial.port.poweragent.26' for lcore 26
> GUEST_CHANNEL: Unable to to connect to
> '/dev/virtio-ports/virtio.serial.port.poweragent.26' with error No
> such file or directory

I did not see any GUEST_CHANNEL notifications in the previous logs you
provided,  has your setup changed in any way?

By the way, I can run the command you provided above (without the
whitelist) without any errors on my system, and a single CTRL-C exits
gracefully. I am not running in a VM.

Rgds,
Dave.