patches for DPDK stable branches
* [dpdk-stable] DPDK Development Process
       [not found] <p+QUFIUnBuWHM1UncwZ3dZTm91YW9YSXZMcXBmb3h3WFBvWGVaV3ZHTC1BY2tCdVdJZVFJcTBoN01na1VFcmhsSzU2akNpd3hGOTBwdXgyM0lXRUZFekNFNllOdWxEZkpVSHowaEZ5cEJrRXROYV9fVXdHTjViaTd3OkFBQUFMemNfZEJB@docs.google.com>
@ 2021-03-19  4:57 ` Somnath Kotur (Google Slides)
From: Somnath Kotur (Google Slides) @ 2021-03-19  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable

Somnath Kotur mentioned you in a comment in the following document
DPDK Development Process
(https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1OZKDRfPocVw-918PF2_5IeTH8FOZ8xya_JaJg5a5z4g/edit?disco=AAAALzc_dBA&ts=60542f42&usp=comment_email_document&usp_dm=false)
You do not have commenting rights to DPDK Development Process.

[1 comment hidden]

Somnath Kotur
Here are my thoughts @andrew.gospodarek@broadcom.com ,
@ajit.khaparde@broadcom.com , @lance.richardson@broadcom.com ,@kalesh

When we upstream one of our individual patches , we are already making a
judgement call if a patch needs to go in one of the n-1,n-2 LTS releases by
marking it for stable( or not) using the ' Cc: @stable@dpdk.org' tag
correct?  So maybe when we do that we can automatically cherrypick the
patch to the 2 LTS branches for 17.11 and 19.11? (90 % of the time patches
should apply cleanly using the 'cherry-pick' button on Gerrit itself, since
the code in those 2 branches was based on int_nxt anyway).
  Now, it should be Randy's team's call if the patch from these LTS branches
needs to be also included in the corresponding release branch that has been
cut from these LTS branches ,  IOW, the gatekeeper for these 'release
branches' is from their team, make sense? So if/when there is a bug on any
of these release branches , Randy's team will look at the patches that went
into these LTS branches and see cherrypicking any of them to the release
branch would help in the fix? Does this make sense?

Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

You have received this email because you are mentioned in this thread.
Change () what Google sends you.
You cannot reply to this email.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-22 12:55 UTC | newest]