* [dpdk-users] Performance of rte_eth_stats_get
@ 2021-05-19 13:10 Filip Janiszewski
From: Filip Janiszewski @ 2021-05-19 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

Is it safe to call rte_eth_stats_get while capturing from the port?

I'm mostly concerned about performance, if rte_eth_stats_get will in any
way impact the port performance, in the application I plan to call the
function from a thread that is not directly involved in the capture,
there's another worker responsible for rx bursting, but I wonder if the
NIC might get upset if I call it too frequently (say 10 times per
second) and potentially cause some performance issues.

The question is really Nic agnostic, but if the Nic vendor is actually
relevant then I'm running Intel 700 series nic and Mellanox ConnectX-4/5.

Thanks

--
BR, Filip
+48 666 369 823