* [dpdk-users] How do I enable netvsc with meson build?
@ 2021-05-18 10:28 Dennis Montgomery
From: Dennis Montgomery @ 2021-05-18 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello DPDK community,

I’ve mislaid my copy of “Building DPDK with Meson for Dummies” and can’t figure this out: how do I enable the drivers/net/netvsc pmd with meson?  I’m finding that it’s disabled due to a missing dependency, but the dependency it claims to be missing… seems to be there?

Specifically it’s complaining about the vmbus driver.  That’s included in the meson.log snippet attached below, under “Drivers Enabled”/bus.  I’m lost.

Thanks for your help,

Dennis Montgomery

From meson.log:
Message:
=================
Libraries Enabled
=================

libs:
     kvargs, telemetry, eal, ring, rcu, mempool, mbuf, net,
     meter, ethdev, pci, cmdline, metrics, hash, timer, acl,
     bbdev, bitratestats, cfgfile, compressdev, cryptodev, distributor, efd, eventdev,
     gro, gso, ip_frag, jobstats, kni, latencystats, lpm, member,
     power, pdump, rawdev, regexdev, reorder, sched, security, stack,
     vhost, ipsec, port, table, pipeline, flow_classify, bpf,

Message:
===============
Drivers Enabled
===============

common:
     cpt, dpaax, iavf, octeontx, octeontx2, mlx5,
bus:
     dpaa, fslmc, ifpga, pci, vdev, vmbus,
mempool:
     bucket, dpaa, dpaa2, octeontx, octeontx2, ring, stack,
net:
     af_packet, ark, atlantic, avp, axgbe, bond, bnx2x, bnxt,
     cxgbe, dpaa, dpaa2, e1000, ena, enetc, enic, failsafe,
     fm10k, i40e, hinic, hns3, iavf, ice, igc, ixgbe,
     kni, liquidio, memif, mlx4, mlx5, nfp, null, octeontx,
     octeontx2, pcap, qede, ring, sfc, softnic, tap, thunderx,
     vdev_netvsc, vhost, virtio, vmxnet3,
raw:
     ioat, ntb, dpaa2_cmdif, dpaa2_qdma, octeontx2_dma, octeontx2_ep, skeleton,
crypto:
     caam_jr, dpaa_sec, dpaa2_sec, nitrox, null_crypto, octeontx_crypto, octeontx2_crypto, crypto_scheduler,
     virtio_crypto,
compress:
     octeontx_compress, qat,
regex:
     mlx5,
vdpa:
     mlx5, ifc,
event:
     dpaa, dpaa2, octeontx2, opdl, skeleton, sw, dsw, octeontx,

baseband:
     null, turbo_sw, fpga_lte_fec, fpga_5gnr_fec,

Message:
=================
Content Skipped
=================

libs:

drivers:
     common/mvep:    missing dependency, "libmusdk"
     net/ipn3ke:     missing dependency, "libfdt"
     net/netvsc:     missing dependency, DPDK VMBus driver
     raw/ifpga: missing dependency, "libfdt"

Juniper Business Use Only

* Re: [dpdk-users] How do I enable netvsc with meson build?
@ 2021-06-04 18:30 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2021-06-04 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dennis Montgomery; +Cc: users

On Tue, 18 May 2021 10:28:04 +0000
Dennis Montgomery <dmontgomery@juniper.net> wrote:

> [...]
>      virtio_crypto,
> compress:
>      octeontx_compress, qat,
> regex:
>      mlx5,
> vdpa:
>      mlx5, ifc,
> event:
>      dpaa, dpaa2, octeontx2, opdl, skeleton, sw, dsw, octeontx,
>
> baseband:
>      null, turbo_sw, fpga_lte_fec, fpga_5gnr_fec,
>
> Message:
> =================
> Content Skipped
> =================
>
> libs:
>
> drivers:
>      common/mvep:    missing dependency, "libmusdk"
>      net/ipn3ke:     missing dependency, "libfdt"
>      net/netvsc:     missing dependency, DPDK VMBus driver

Did this get resolved? I don't see this with 20.11.
Do you have the correct version of meson?

* Re: [dpdk-users] How do I enable netvsc with meson build?
@ 2021-06-04 19:22   ` Dennis Montgomery
From: Dennis Montgomery @ 2021-06-04 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: users

It did get resolved, by migrating the rest of the way to 20.11.  I was on 20.08 at the time (sorry, I missed that key detail in my original post) and was most of the way to 20.11 in another branch – and found that netvsc was enabled/working there so I gave up on the 20.08 effort.

Thanks for following up.

Dennis

From: Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>
Date: Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:30 PM
To: Dennis Montgomery <dmontgomery@juniper.net>
Cc: users@dpdk.org <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] How do I enable netvsc with meson build?
[External Email. Be cautious of content]