* [dpdk-users]  stalled after receiving 8000 rte_mbuf (4096 byte)
@ 2018-08-13  3:35 Sungho Hong
From: Sungho Hong @ 2018-08-13  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello

I am developing a project with DPDK but have encountered a silly issue,
that is not obvious to me.

I am sending and receiving 4kb rte_mbuf between remote and local node,
that alone works fine,
however when I combine the implemenation with 3rd party library, the DPDK
stops receiving the data after approximatelyr receiving 8000 packets.

I have debugged all the possible program side and to my astonishement.
there is no error found and all the packets that are within 8000 are
received correctly.

I have  no idea the approach to find out the problem of this situation. but
the situation that I have mentioned can be replicated. It always stops at
approximately 8000 packets received.
and there are absolutely no bugs found in dpdk (user interface). The only
problem is the rte_rx_queue stops returning the packets after 8000 packets.

Would there be a good approach to identify the problem of this case?

* Re: [dpdk-users] stalled after receiving 8000 rte_mbuf (4096 byte)
@ 2018-08-13  6:48 ` Dmitry B
From: Dmitry B @ 2018-08-13  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maverickjin88; +Cc: users

Hi,

Is there a chance you don't free mbufs (*rte_pktmbuf_free()*)?

Thanks
Dima

--
-----

* Re: [dpdk-users] stalled after receiving 8000 rte_mbuf (4096 byte)
@ 2018-08-13 19:57   ` Sungho Hong
From: Sungho Hong @ 2018-08-13 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry B; +Cc: users

Thanks. that was the problem.