* [dpdk-users] IGB_uio driver issue
@ 2021-07-15  9:47 Anjum, Sohail
From: Anjum, Sohail @ 2021-07-15  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi, everyone I am trying to run ndpi with dpdk. In order to do that I can
bind the port with igb_uio driver but when I bind the port.
lshw -c network -businfo
Command doesn't show the interface name. It can only show the PCI address.
So when I can run the dpdk command I dont know which interface to use. But
when I use the the same name with the old interface name then they show
this port is not available.

*Regards*,

*Sohail Anjum*

*EECS Department.*
*National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan*

* Re: [dpdk-users] IGB_uio driver issue
@ 2021-07-16 10:19 ` Venumadhav Josyula
From: Venumadhav Josyula @ 2021-07-16 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anjum, Sohail; +Cc: users

Hi ,

Please use the dpdk-devbind.py to bind it back to original driver

i) find / -name dpdk-devbind.py
ii) go to the path
iii) ./dpdk-devbind.py // hit enter
iv) it display usage
or
v) ./dpdk-devbind.py --status // list of kernel and dpdk manager driver
vi) if you your interface being managed by dpdk , unbind and bind back to
the original driver.
vii) refer iv) for usage

       [not found] <mailman.3.1626343201.30915.users@dpdk.org>
@ 2021-07-15 10:36 ` Huai-En Tseng
From: Huai-En Tseng @ 2021-07-15 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sohail.eic06g; +Cc: users

Hi Anjum,

Interface bound to uio driver can't be managed by kernel anymore.

Therefore you can't use OS network tools to get the interface information.

When DPDK application starts, it will show uio bound interfaces in order.

e.g.

EAL:   Invalid NUMA socket, default to 0
EAL: Probe PCI driver: net_ixgbe_vf (8086:10ed) device: 0000:06:00.0 (socket 0)
EAL:   Invalid NUMA socket, default to 0
EAL: Probe PCI driver: net_ixgbe_vf (8086:10ed) device: 0000:07:00.0 (socket 0)

The 0000:06:00.0 device is the first interface DPDK uses and 0000:07:00.0 is the second.