* [dpdk-users] Allocating multiple VLANs to a single VF using SR-IOV NIC card
@ 2019-02-03 14:22 Anupama Laxmi
From: Anupama Laxmi @ 2019-02-03 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

Is there a way to allocate multiple VLANs to a single VF using SR-IOV NIC
card ? How VLAN tagged packets can be forwarded by the KVM Hypervisor
received via SR-IOV device from Physical Port towards the VM on DPDK driver
interface ? Which DPDK driver to use igb_uio or vfio-pci? Also which DPDK
18.08 RTE API's can be used to read what VLAN id is set on the Host VF,
from the guest?

* Re: [dpdk-users] Allocating multiple VLANs to a single VF using SR-IOV NIC card
@ 2019-02-03 15:28 ` hirok borah
From: hirok borah @ 2019-02-03 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anupama Laxmi; +Cc: users

We are also facing the same issue to transport multiple vlan traffic over
one VF. Not getting a solution yet. Shall reply back if we find any.

Any further inputs from other will be very helpful. Thanks.

@ 2019-03-19 12:36   ` hirok borah
From: hirok borah @ 2019-03-19 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anupama Laxmi; +Cc: users

Hi,

We have tried VFd option to unset vlan filtering (rx) and unset vlan
insertion (tx) options on the VF.
We are on ixgbe over 82599 ES NIC.

It appears that with VFd also, RTE APIs are unable to set offloading flags
on the VF.

Any inputs from others would be of much help.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks!!

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 8:58 PM hirok borah <hirok.gen@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are also facing the same issue to transport multiple vlan traffic over
> one VF. Not getting a solution yet. Shall reply back if we find any.
>
> Any further inputs from other will be very helpful. Thanks.
>
> On Sun, Feb 3, 2019, 7:53 PM Anupama Laxmi <anupamalaxmi4@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to allocate multiple VLANs to a single VF using SR-IOV NIC
>> card ? How VLAN tagged packets can be forwarded by the KVM Hypervisor
>> received via SR-IOV device from Physical Port towards the VM on DPDK
>> driver
>> interface ? Which DPDK driver to use igb_uio or vfio-pci? Also which DPDK
>> 18.08 RTE API's can be used to read what VLAN id is set on the Host VF,
>> from the guest?
>>
>> Thanks,

-Hirok