* [dpdk-users] Question on Multiple process support Application
@ 2018-11-05 12:56 Kusuma DS
From: Kusuma DS @ 2018-11-05 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hii,

I have some doubts regarding multiple process example application.

I have 2 processes running in my setup using multiprocess client and server
concept, am doing rx_burst in server process and tx_burst in client
process. But the thing is i have one isolated cpu, So both the process are
sharing the cpu.

What i understand through the document provided by the dpdk is  In the
concept of memory pool there will be per core cache lock, so if we try to
do tx and rx in different process there will be software cache problem will
occur, so there will be corrupting the memory in shared memory pool.

How to resolve this issue??If anyone Know about this issue please let me
know.

Thanks,
Kusuma

* Re: [dpdk-users] Question on Multiple process support Application
@ 2018-11-05 13:45 ` Cliff Burdick
From: Cliff Burdick @ 2018-11-05 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kusuma DS; +Cc: users

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018, 04:56 Kusuma DS <kusumanjali47@gmail.com wrote:

> Hii,
>
> I have some doubts regarding multiple process example application.
>
> I have 2 processes running in my setup using multiprocess client and server
> concept, am doing rx_burst in server process and tx_burst in client
> process. But the thing is i have one isolated cpu, So both the process are
> sharing the cpu.
>
> What i understand through the document provided by the dpdk is  In the
> concept of memory pool there will be per core cache lock, so if we try to
> do tx and rx in different process there will be software cache problem will
> occur, so there will be corrupting the memory in shared memory pool.
>
> How to resolve this issue??If anyone Know about this issue please let me
> know.

The documentation specifies you can't lcores across processes:

"All DPDK processes running as a single application and using shared memory
must have distinct coremask/corelist arguments. It is not possible to have
a primary and secondary instance, or two secondary instances, using any of
the same logical cores. Attempting to do so can cause corruption of memory
pool caches, among other issues."

Have you tried two cores?

@ 2018-11-12  4:07   ` Kusuma DS
From: Kusuma DS @ 2018-11-12  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)