* [dpdk-users] PktGen and KNI
@ 2017-09-14 11:04 Jan Kropidlowski
From: Jan Kropidlowski @ 2017-09-14 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi team,

i'm currently try to bind multiple DPDK processes to one 10G port. This
works fine, but we can't run a PktGen test and a KNI process
simultaneously. Is this a architectural limitation?

The main goal is, to provide sample line traffic and run services like
OSPF on the same port.

Thanks in advance,

--
Jan Kropidlowski

* Re: [dpdk-users] PktGen and KNI
@ 2017-09-14 12:40 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2017-09-14 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kropidlowski; +Cc: users

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 6:04 AM, Jan Kropidlowski <kropidlowski@eantc.de> wrote:
>
> Hi team,
>
> i'm currently try to bind multiple DPDK processes to one 10G port. This works fine, but we can't run a PktGen test and a KNI process simultaneously. Is this a architectural limitation?
>
> The main goal is, to provide sample line traffic and run services like OSPF on the same port.

Using multiple DPDK processes they all want to init and control the port, so it is not going to work. The only way a port can be shared is to use the primary and secondary processes as multiple primary processes is not going work here. I normally only run Pktgen as two or more primary process and a primary/secondary setup would most likely require Pktgen to change and I do not have the time to work on that version. You can try it and let me know how it works plus I maybe able to give you pointers on what would need to change in Pktgen.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Jan Kropidlowski

Regards,