* net/e1000: Test issues following change in max rx/tx queues
@ 2023-11-30 11:25 Edwin Brossette
From: Edwin Brossette @ 2023-11-30 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Olivier Matz, Laurent Hardy

Hello,

We recently started to observe concerning behaviour on our continuous
integration platform  following this commit, which set the maximum amount
of tx/rx queues at 2 for the e1000 pmd:

net/e1000: fix queue number initialization
https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=c1a42d646472fd3477429bf016f682e0865b77f0

Reverting this change locally on our side was enough to fix our test issues.

There is a considerately long explanation in a comment just above the
change explaining why the number of rx/tx queues is limited at 1, yet it
was changed at 2 anyway.

Since I couldn't see any mention in logs about theses restrictions being
removed, I wished to inquire whether this change was truly intended and if
there was any problem which motivated it.
Maybe the max number of rx/tx queues should reverted back to 1? Or maybe
the comment should be updated if limitations are no longer true?

Regards,
Edwin Brossette.

* RE: net/e1000: Test issues following change in max rx/tx queues
@ 2023-11-30 12:01 ` Morten Brørup
From: Morten Brørup @ 2023-11-30 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qiming Yang, Edwin Brossette; +Cc: Olivier Matz, Laurent Hardy, dev, stable