DPDK community structure changes
From: "O'Driscoll, Tim" <tim.odriscoll@intel.com>
To: Michael Dolan <mdolan@linuxfoundation.org>,
	Francois Ozog <francois.ozog@linaro.org>
Cc: Dave Neary <dneary@redhat.com>, "moving@dpdk.org" <moving@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-moving] Minutes from "Moving DPDK to Linux Foundation" call, November 29th
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 20:20:46 +0000

We could do that, but I suspect that if we do we're heading into months of legal debate. The intent of the initiative to move the project to LF was to do so with minimal changes. The adoption of a CLA and/or a licensing change clearly doesn't fall into that category.

You have a valid point that this is a significant issue and we shouldn't rush into a decision on it, or make one without fully considering the legal implications. So, my preference would be to use the charter to document the current process (BSD license and DCO). Then, when we have a governing board in place, anybody that wants to can propose a change and it can be dealt with by the board.

What do others think?