* [dpdk-users] Using Realtek NIC with DPDK
@ 2019-09-06  5:25 Gadre Nayan
From: Gadre Nayan @ 2019-09-06  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi DPDK Users,

I have the following NIC on my DELL Laptop running Ubuntu OS

07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 07)
    LnkSta:    Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+
DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-

I have 1 socket, 2 cores per socket and Hyperthreaded (2 logical cores per Core)

Since DPDK doesn't support Realtek NICs, is there a way around ?

I was also referring to the mailing list and found a similar discussion:
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2014-February/001384.html

I couldn't find a sample application which uses the software based
PMDs to be treated as physical NICs.

Thanks
ngadre.

* Re: [dpdk-users] Using Realtek NIC with DPDK
@ 2019-09-15 16:53   ` Jim Thompson
From: Jim Thompson @ 2019-09-15 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 曾懷恩; +Cc: users, gadrenayan

You could write a PMD for the Realtek nic(s) of interest.   There is netmap support for some Realtek NICs, so it’s not likely to be impossible.

https://github.com/luigirizzo/netmap/blob/master/sys/dev/netmap/if_re_netmap.h

       [not found] <mailman.1.1567764002.2197.users@dpdk.org>
@ 2019-09-15 16:13 ` 曾懷恩
From: 曾懷恩 @ 2019-09-15 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)