* [dpdk-users] mlx5: dual port capture
@ 2020-07-24 21:04 PATRICK KEROULAS
From: PATRICK KEROULAS @ 2020-07-24 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

We use 2 physical networks for redundancy. In order to validate that
data on both network is similar, I need to capture traffic on the 2
NIC ports simultaneously, no matter if the result is 2 pcap files.
Since dpdk-pdump seems to work for one single port, I've tried to start
2 pdump processes simultaneously, which leads to a `Cannot reserve
memory` msg for one of these.

I'm not very familiar with how mem pools and queues work. But I feel
like there is a clever way to handle that. Can someone give a hint?

Best regards,

PK

* Re: [dpdk-users] mlx5: dual port capture
@ 2020-07-24 23:48 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2020-07-24 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PATRICK KEROULAS; +Cc: users

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 17:04:20 -0400
PATRICK KEROULAS <patrick.keroulas@radio-canada.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We use 2 physical networks for redundancy. In order to validate that
> data on both network is similar, I need to capture traffic on the 2
> NIC ports simultaneously, no matter if the result is 2 pcap files.
> Since dpdk-pdump seems to work for one single port, I've tried to start
> 2 pdump processes simultaneously, which leads to a `Cannot reserve
> memory` msg for one of these.
>
> I'm not very familiar with how mem pools and queues work. But I feel
> like there is a clever way to handle that. Can someone give a hint?
>
> Best regards,
>
> PK

I did some merged work to support pcapng and multiple interfaces, you can find it in patchwork
or mailing list.

* Re: [dpdk-users] mlx5: dual port capture
@ 2020-07-30 19:06 ` PATRICK KEROULAS
From: PATRICK KEROULAS @ 2020-07-30 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

dpdk-pdump doc:

"Multiple instances of --pdump can be passed to capture packets
on different port and queue combinations."

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 5:04 PM PATRICK KEROULAS