* [dpdk-dev] Userland IP stack for DPDK
@ 2014-09-18  4:13 Vadim Suraev
From: Vadim Suraev @ 2014-09-18  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,
I've published the source code of Linux kernel IP stack ported to user space
and integrated with DPDK (1.6 currently).
I includes also some example applications & test scripts as well as
documentation
about what & how is done and how to use & adapt it.
The source:
git@github.com:vadimsu/ipaugenblick.git
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/git@github.com:vadimsu/ipaugenblick.git>
two branches - master & muticore
Documentation:
- README at the root of the project
ipaugenblick.net
Please feel free to ask questions you may have
Regards,
 Vadim.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Userland IP stack for DPDK
@ 2014-09-18  5:44 ` Matthew Hall
From: Matthew Hall @ 2014-09-18  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vadim Suraev; +Cc: dev

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 07:13:43AM +0300, Vadim Suraev wrote:
> Hi,
> I've published the source code of Linux kernel IP stack ported to user space
> and integrated with DPDK (1.6 currently).
> I includes also some example applications & test scripts as well as
> documentation
> about what & how is done and how to use & adapt it.
> The source:
> git@github.com:vadimsu/ipaugenblick.git
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/git@github.com:vadimsu/ipaugenblick.git>
> two branches - master & muticore
> Documentation:
> - README at the root of the project
> ipaugenblick.net
> Please feel free to ask questions you may have
> Regards,
>  Vadim.

Hi Vadim,

The docs you wrote are very good. Not many developers offer support over Skype
either, this is quite unique and very cool! :)

Definitely going to find some time to experiment with it. In a few weeks I'll
release my code too.

Matthew.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Userland IP stack for DPDK
@ 2014-09-18 12:16 ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2014-09-18 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vadim Suraev; +Cc: dev

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 07:13:43AM +0300, Vadim Suraev wrote:
> Hi,
> I've published the source code of Linux kernel IP stack ported to user space
> and integrated with DPDK (1.6 currently).
> I includes also some example applications & test scripts as well as
> documentation
> about what & how is done and how to use & adapt it.
> The source:
> git@github.com:vadimsu/ipaugenblick.git
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/git@github.com:vadimsu/ipaugenblick.git>
> two branches - master & muticore
> Documentation:
> - README at the root of the project
> ipaugenblick.net
> Please feel free to ask questions you may have
> Regards,
>  Vadim.

You copied these files from the Linux Kernel sources, but failed to copy the
GPLv2 license file.  IANAL, but I expect you'll want to include that so as to be
clear about how that code is licensed (copyright isn't included in specific
kernel files), as well as including a license for your independently written
code (assuming you would like it to be different than GPL v2)
Neil

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Userland IP stack for DPDK
@ 2014-09-18 12:18   ` Vadim Suraev
From: Vadim Suraev @ 2014-09-18 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Horman; +Cc: dev

I'll add it. Thanks