* [dpdk-dev] checking packet drop at NIC
@ 2014-01-28  5:29 Sharath
From: Sharath @ 2014-01-28  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

hi !

can someone please tell me whether the DPDK provides any method to handle
below

a. account the packet drops at NIC level ? is there any interrupt raised by
DPDK for the same ?
b. to check fifo errors ?
c. way to check rx and tx in sync

Tx,
-SB

* Re: [dpdk-dev] checking packet drop at NIC
@ 2014-01-29 15:24 ` Daniel Kaminsky
From: Daniel Kaminsky @ 2014-01-29 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharath; +Cc: dev

Hi Sharath,

Try rte_eth_stats_get, I think this should give you what you're looking for.

Regards,
Daniel

@ 2014-01-30  9:00   ` Sharath
From: Sharath @ 2014-01-30  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kaminsky; +Cc: dev

Thanks Daniel !
Let me check it out . . .

@ 2014-01-30 11:20     ` Sharath
From: Sharath @ 2014-01-30 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kaminsky; +Cc: dev

hi!

are there any interrupts which are raised by DPDK, for the fifo errors.

please let me know, where can I find the details and how to handle such
interrupts ?

Tx
-SB

@ 2014-01-31  6:05       ` Sharath
From: Sharath @ 2014-01-31  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kaminsky; +Cc: dev

Hi Daniel & all,

can anyone please let me know about this.

Tx
-SB

@ 2014-01-31  7:06         ` Vladimir Medvedkin
From: Vladimir Medvedkin @ 2014-01-31  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharath; +Cc: dev

Hi Sharath,

In DPDK interrupts are disabled to eliminate the performance overhead.
Interrupts used only for link status change. So you can poll
rte_eth_stats_get and check struct rte_eth_stats for errors.

Regards,
Vladimir

2014-01-31 Sharath <sharathjm.bharadwaj@gmail.com>

@ 2014-01-31  7:26           ` Sharath
From: Sharath @ 2014-01-31  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Medvedkin; +Cc: dev

thank you Vladimir.

@ 2014-02-06  5:50             ` Sharath
From: Sharath @ 2014-02-06  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Medvedkin; +Cc: dev

hi Vladimir,

I would like to know if there are any callback mechanism to detect FIFO
errors in NIC ?
could you please let me know.

Tx
-SB

@ 2014-02-07  5:43               ` Sharath
From: Sharath @ 2014-02-07  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Medvedkin; +Cc: dev

hi all,

@ 2014-02-07  9:13                 ` Richardson, Bruce
From: Richardson, Bruce @ 2014-02-07  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharath, Vladimir Medvedkin; +Cc: dev

The Intel DPDK does not at present support interrupts for dropped packets. Only support for link status change interrupts are supported at this time, but since the basics are there, it is possible with a bit of work to add handling for other interrupts if so needed.

Regards,
/Bruce