* Re: [dpdk-users] vhost, vxlan, and nic TSO trouble.
       [not found] <CAAsw5BdmsN2OyPaTE5z33dAs49mf3MXR-NyQF=G=-zKbNq_Kog@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-05-02  8:57 ` Matthias Gatto
From: Matthias Gatto @ 2016-05-02  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Matthias Gatto
<matthias.gatto@outscale.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working on a project using DPDK:
>
> We are receiving packets from a vhost interface, then we encapsulate
> them in vxlan packets, and finally we burst them into an ixgbe nic.
>
> We set txq_flags of ixgbe nic to 0 in order to use offloading capability.
>
> During encapsulation, we add vxlan header length to l2_len field inside mbuf.
> It seems that l3_len, l4_len and tso_segsz are already set by vhost.
>
> When we use iperf3 to test our architecture, it seems that:
> - Packets with PKT_TX_TCP_CKSUM and without PKT_TX_TCP_SEG  have a
> correct checksum.
> - Packets with PKT_TX_TCP_CKSUM and with PKT_TX_TCP_SEG are segmented
> but have a bad checksum.
>
> Do you think I've missed something ?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> -- Matthias Gatto.

ping

* Re: [dpdk-users] vhost, vxlan, and nic TSO trouble.
@ 2016-05-02  9:10   ` Vivek Gupta
From: Vivek Gupta @ 2016-05-02  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias Gatto, users

How are you bursting packets from vhost interface to ixgbe nic?

Thanks & Regards
Vivek
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Matthias Gatto
<matthias.gatto@outscale.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working on a project using DPDK:
>
> We are receiving packets from a vhost interface, then we encapsulate
> them in vxlan packets, and finally we burst them into an ixgbe nic.
>
> We set txq_flags of ixgbe nic to 0 in order to use offloading capability.
>
> During encapsulation, we add vxlan header length to l2_len field inside mbuf.
> It seems that l3_len, l4_len and tso_segsz are already set by vhost.
>
> When we use iperf3 to test our architecture, it seems that:
> - Packets with PKT_TX_TCP_CKSUM and without PKT_TX_TCP_SEG  have a
> correct checksum.
> - Packets with PKT_TX_TCP_CKSUM and with PKT_TX_TCP_SEG are segmented
> but have a bad checksum.
>
> Do you think I've missed something ?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> -- Matthias Gatto.

ping

::DISCLAIMER::

* Re: [dpdk-users] vhost, vxlan, and nic TSO trouble.
@ 2016-05-02 13:20     ` Matthias Gatto
From: Matthias Gatto @ 2016-05-02 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vivek Gupta; +Cc: users

Hi Vivek,

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Vivek Gupta <vivek-g@hcl.com> wrote:
> How are you bursting packets from vhost interface to ixgbe nic?

I am working on this project
https://github.com/outscale-mgo/packetgraph/tree/offload

We use rte_vhost_dequeue_burst to dequeue packets from vhost, we
prepend a vxlan header to each packet and we use rte_eth_tx_burst for
ixgbe.

The txq_flags for the ixgbe queue is set to 0, so we use
ixgbe_xmit_pkts and not ixgbe_xmit_pkts_simple.

Thanks for your answer.

-- Matthias Gatto

* [dpdk-users] vhost, vxlan, and nic TSO trouble.
@ 2016-04-25 14:24 Matthias Gatto