* [dpdk-users] Does DPDK support big endian system?
@ 2016-09-05  3:49 Gao Ya'nan
From: Gao Ya'nan @ 2016-09-05  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi all,

I am trying porting librte_acl to a platform with Cavium MIPS64 processor.
I tried the a set of rules and a trace file on x86 Linux first and then run
testacl on this platform with same rules and trace file, but didn't see any
right result.

Any suggestion would be appreciate.

Thanks.

Yanan

* Re: [dpdk-users] Does DPDK support big endian system?
@ 2016-09-05  7:57 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-09-05  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gao Ya'nan; +Cc: users

2016-09-05 11:49, Gao Ya'nan:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying porting librte_acl to a platform with Cavium MIPS64 processor.
> I tried the a set of rules and a trace file on x86 Linux first and then run
> testacl on this platform with same rules and trace file, but didn't see any
> right result.
>
> Any suggestion would be appreciate.

Some DPDK areas try to manage endianness right but it's not tested and
I would not be surprised that ACL would need some fixes for big endian.

From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-09-05  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gao Ya'nan; +Cc: users

2016-09-05 11:49, Gao Ya'nan:

@ 2016-09-05 23:55   ` Gao Ya'nan
From: Gao Ya'nan @ 2016-09-05 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: users

Hi Thomas,

Got it.I would try to debug first to see why it failed.

Thanks for your comments.

Yanan