DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* Re: [dpdk-ci] |SUCCESS| [PATCH 2/3] maintainers: update virtio section name
       [not found]   ` <82F45D86ADE5454A95A89742C8D1410E3927AFFC@shsmsx102.ccr.corp.intel.com>
@ 2016-12-01  9:06     ` Thomas Monjalon
  2016-12-01  9:47       ` Wei, FangfangX
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-12-01  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xu, Qian Q, Yuanhan Liu; +Cc: Cao, Waterman, ci

2016-12-01 08:44, Xu, Qian Q:
> > On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 08:06:41AM +0100, checkpatch@dpdk.org wrote:
> > > Test-Label: checkpatch
> > > Test-Status: SUCCESS
> > > http://dpdk.org/patch/17348
> > >
> > > _coding style OK_
> > 
> > Great!  This kind of emails is something I'd like to see for a while.
> > But I don't like to receive SUCCESS notice. Normally, I'm positive my patches are
> > well qualified. The SUCCESS notice only makes my inbox fat-er but nothing else.

It is a bug.
If the email has the list-id dev.dpdk.org, success should not be reported to the author.

> > Of course, I'd like to receive failure notices if any.

> Thomas is the owner for the check patch, I wonder if Thomas can add one button or provide options for the patch submitters to receive the mails or not. 
> Generally developer may not want to receive the SUCCESS mail, but some may want to receive the mail to make sure the test is done and all pass. We may 
> not simply disable all SUCCESS mails, instead we'd better provide choice for people. 

If the patch is directly sent to checkpatch@dpdk.org, the author receive
the report (success or failure).
If the patch is sent to the mailing list, he receives only the failure
and can check success on patchwork.
I don't see the point of receiving success reports if it is public.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] |SUCCESS| [PATCH 2/3] maintainers: update virtio section name
  2016-12-01  9:06     ` [dpdk-ci] |SUCCESS| [PATCH 2/3] maintainers: update virtio section name Thomas Monjalon
@ 2016-12-01  9:47       ` Wei, FangfangX
  2016-12-01 13:47         ` Thomas Monjalon
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Wei, FangfangX @ 2016-12-01  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Xu, Qian Q, Yuanhan Liu; +Cc: Cao, Waterman, ci

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2153 bytes --]

Hi Thomas,

I can receive the checkpatch email no matter the result is success or warning.
Through the attached email, we can see the receiver is test-report@dpdk.org and cc to the author, no matter what the result is.
And above two patches are send to the mailing list dev@dpdk.org.

I think currently the checkpatch email has not been done according to the status of the message sent to different recipients.

Best Regards
Fangfang Wei

-----Original Message-----
From: ci [mailto:ci-bounces@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Monjalon
Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:06 PM
To: Xu, Qian Q <qian.q.xu@intel.com>; Yuanhan Liu <yuanhan.liu@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Cao, Waterman <waterman.cao@intel.com>; ci@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-ci] |SUCCESS| [PATCH 2/3] maintainers: update virtio section name

2016-12-01 08:44, Xu, Qian Q:
> > On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 08:06:41AM +0100, checkpatch@dpdk.org wrote:
> > > Test-Label: checkpatch
> > > Test-Status: SUCCESS
> > > http://dpdk.org/patch/17348
> > >
> > > _coding style OK_
> > 
> > Great!  This kind of emails is something I'd like to see for a while.
> > But I don't like to receive SUCCESS notice. Normally, I'm positive 
> > my patches are well qualified. The SUCCESS notice only makes my inbox fat-er but nothing else.

It is a bug.
If the email has the list-id dev.dpdk.org, success should not be reported to the author.

> > Of course, I'd like to receive failure notices if any.

> Thomas is the owner for the check patch, I wonder if Thomas can add one button or provide options for the patch submitters to receive the mails or not. 
> Generally developer may not want to receive the SUCCESS mail, but some 
> may want to receive the mail to make sure the test is done and all pass. We may not simply disable all SUCCESS mails, instead we'd better provide choice for people.

If the patch is directly sent to checkpatch@dpdk.org, the author receive the report (success or failure).
If the patch is sent to the mailing list, he receives only the failure and can check success on patchwork.
I don't see the point of receiving success reports if it is public.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2491 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2736 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] |SUCCESS| [PATCH 2/3] maintainers: update virtio section name
  2016-12-01  9:47       ` Wei, FangfangX
@ 2016-12-01 13:47         ` Thomas Monjalon
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-12-01 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei, FangfangX; +Cc: Xu, Qian Q, Yuanhan Liu, Cao, Waterman, ci

2016-12-01 09:47, Wei, FangfangX:
> Hi Thomas,
> 
> I can receive the checkpatch email no matter the result is success or warning.
> Through the attached email, we can see the receiver is test-report@dpdk.org and cc to the author, no matter what the result is.
> And above two patches are send to the mailing list dev@dpdk.org.
> 
> I think currently the checkpatch email has not been done according to the status of the message sent to different recipients.

Yes it's broken since a rework I did just before submitting the scripts.
It should be fixed in v2 just sent.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: ci [mailto:ci-bounces@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Monjalon
> Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:06 PM
> To: Xu, Qian Q <qian.q.xu@intel.com>; Yuanhan Liu <yuanhan.liu@linux.intel.com>
> Cc: Cao, Waterman <waterman.cao@intel.com>; ci@dpdk.org
> Subject: Re: [dpdk-ci] |SUCCESS| [PATCH 2/3] maintainers: update virtio section name
> 
> 2016-12-01 08:44, Xu, Qian Q:
> > > On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 08:06:41AM +0100, checkpatch@dpdk.org wrote:
> > > > Test-Label: checkpatch
> > > > Test-Status: SUCCESS
> > > > http://dpdk.org/patch/17348
> > > >
> > > > _coding style OK_
> > > 
> > > Great!  This kind of emails is something I'd like to see for a while.
> > > But I don't like to receive SUCCESS notice. Normally, I'm positive 
> > > my patches are well qualified. The SUCCESS notice only makes my inbox fat-er but nothing else.
> 
> It is a bug.
> If the email has the list-id dev.dpdk.org, success should not be reported to the author.
> 
> > > Of course, I'd like to receive failure notices if any.
> 
> > Thomas is the owner for the check patch, I wonder if Thomas can add one button or provide options for the patch submitters to receive the mails or not. 
> > Generally developer may not want to receive the SUCCESS mail, but some 
> > may want to receive the mail to make sure the test is done and all pass. We may not simply disable all SUCCESS mails, instead we'd better provide choice for people.
> 
> If the patch is directly sent to checkpatch@dpdk.org, the author receive the report (success or failure).
> If the patch is sent to the mailing list, he receives only the failure and can check success on patchwork.
> I don't see the point of receiving success reports if it is public.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
     [not found] <1480575999-14453-3-git-send-email-yuanhan.liu@linux.intel.com>
     [not found] ` <20161201072518.GB24403@yliu-dev.sh.intel.com>
     [not found]   ` <82F45D86ADE5454A95A89742C8D1410E3927AFFC@shsmsx102.ccr.corp.intel.com>
2016-12-01  9:06     ` [dpdk-ci] |SUCCESS| [PATCH 2/3] maintainers: update virtio section name Thomas Monjalon
2016-12-01  9:47       ` Wei, FangfangX
2016-12-01 13:47         ` Thomas Monjalon

DPDK CI discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox